Wednesday, January 25, 2012

happy 2nd blogiversary!

Yummy note: Wow, I can't believe it has been 2 years since I've been updating It's Yummy to My Tummy! So I guess I can say it's a Happy 2nd Blogiversary to me!  So much as changed since the first recipe posting of the Kahlua Cheesecake Brownies!



As I was looking back at previous posts, I realized that I didn't even send out a happy 1st blogiversary last year. Then I realized.. oh, I was a bit out of commission then. I was on bedrest, about 37 weeks pregnant and in a bit lost in a flurry of activity. I thought I'd check to see what I was baking or doing on that day though and post what I found... how fun.. Alicia and I were making homemade pizza!


Just a few days later, I was here.. Luckily, nice and safe in the hospital with my newest little one, Ben, while one of the biggest snowstorms had just hit the midwest area.


Months later, here's my family and the kids getting so big, enjoying one of our favorite times of year, fall.

Looking at the various foods of the last year, it has been a busy year of trying new things and sharing a few staples. A few of the top hitting and searched recipes from my site this year were: cake popsgranola bars, carmalized chickpeas, lemon loaf, and apple bellinis. Some of my personal favorites (because Alicia was a big help in these and she enjoyed them just as much as I did) to do probably were the April Fool's Day sushi, homemade noodles, and yummy mummy dogs




So now, what kind of fun are we going to do in the next year?! Well, I hope to do a few new things with my blog such as once a month, I want to feature a recipe from a real cookbook, not internet-based or recipes handed down to me, but an actual book, as sometimes I forget that this is where much of my cooking started! I also plan on featuring a series of posts called Sentimental Sundays. Sentimental Sundays will like flashbacks of some of the old stand by recipes that I have in my collection that we love. They might be more on the simple side, and not be as in-depth as some recipes, but they'll be featured and probably more on the traditional side. Never fear, I still plan on participating in the Secret Recipe Club, cooking challenges, and parties, so that will not change, I'm just adding in a pinch or so of more fun to the party!


Last, thank you to all of my followers, readers, and visitors to It's Yummy to My Tummy and allowing me to share all of my wonderful baking and cooking experiments and adventures with you all. It has been fun getting familiar "faces" around the site and I LOVE to see your comments. It makes me realize people are really out there reading my blog and makes this adventure all worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment