Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! a little late

Yummy note:  It has been a rough, not to mention busy few weeks around here and I'm sorry I haven't had time to "officially" blog lately, but I thought I'd post a few quick pictures from my phone of one of my creations. The kids, and even the adults, sure loved these cute turkeys at our Thanksgiving. I hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and enjoyed some time with your family and friends. -Heather




Turkey-Shaped Rolls
Ingredients: 
2 frozen bread dough loaves 
1 egg white
Optional "decorations" - maraschino cherries, cheese, m&m's, olives, pepperoni, chocolate chips, or other small edible items would work well.


Directions:

Thaw frozen bread loaves, according to package directions. I let mine sit overnight and they got quite large... but it still worked fine! 













With a knife, cut loaf of thawed bread in pieces. I think I got about 10 pieces from each loaf. Take each piece and shape gently. Place roll down on a lightly sprayed baking sheet or parchment paper covered baking sheet. Arrange rolls into desired shape. Yummy note: You could so make many more fun shapes with these rolls for any given occasions. I'm thinking a Christmas tree shape will work well for the upcoming holidays. (Ooh, and imagine all the decorating possibilities!)


 


Brush rolls with an egg white wash (just an egg white beaten slightly) or desired toppings. I used egg whites on one and on the other rolls I used a olive oil and pizza seasonings. (Both ways were delicious!) Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until browned.



I had to improvise on this turkey, he was a bit too large to fit on a normal baking sheet! So I turned over two baking sheets and set them together with parchment paper to cover them and baked it that way. I used maraschino cherries, cheese, and m&m's for facial features, but olives, pepperoni, chocolate chips, or other small edible items would work well for decorated your edible creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment