Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Damn Good Sandwiches

Yummy note: Honestly, I was cleaning out a box the other day and came across this... I don't think I've ever made them, not really sure why, as I can't tell you how many times I've "heard" about them... So this recipe has a story behind it. I got this recipe card several years ago. 




Actually, to be exact, about 9 years ago, this time of year. Since we are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary today, this post is fitting. At my bridal shower, everyone had to bring one of their favorite recipes along to donate to my recipe box. This recipe came from my husband, Drew's side of the family. His mom's mom, Alice, used to say the only time she swore was when she made these sandwiches. Haha, hence the name that has always stayed with them, "Damn good sandwiches."

Damn Good Sandwiches




Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup green peppers
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper


Directions:
Brown meat.



Add vegetables and cook until tender.


Add the rest and mix well. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.

Thanks for the memories,
Grandma Alice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment