Monday, March 15, 2010

one bowl brownies

Yummy note:
I came across this recipe in a Ghirardelli chocolate cookbook that a coworker gave to me. I think that book was a hint to me that they enjoy tasting my various creations and that I needed to add a few more recipes to my collections... Some of the recipes in this book were more in depth than I really wanted. I just wanted a simple quick recipe that I could mix up using some of my chocolate baking bars I had already on hand. This recipe is fairly easy to mix together. I thought the hardest part was the melting of the chocolate and butter without it burning, and well finding that perfect time to get the brownies out of the oven.


One Bowl Brownies


Ingredients:
4 ounces of chocolate (I used about half semi-sweet and half milk chocolate), broken into pieces
1 stick (1/2 cup) of butter/margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup plus 2 tblsp flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a greased 8-in square baking pan with butter and flour (or use an equivalent baking spray). In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl, simmer a pan of water, and melt the chocolate and butter together. Sir occasionally until smooth for a few minutes, be careful not to let the water in the pan go empty or leave the chocolate and butter mixture go unattended or else it may burn. When smooth, remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature before continuing.

Stir in brown sugar and vanilla into the melted chocolate mixture. Add the eggs and mix well. Next, in a sifter (or I used a wire mesh strainer), pour in flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold in the sifted flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.




Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Cool for atleast 10 minutes before cutting.

original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment