Wednesday, March 10, 2010

fruity pork loin

Yummy note:
This is one of those recipes I just threw together with whatever ingredients I had in my pantry. I didn't feel like going to the grocery store for just one ingredient or two, so I started looking for ingredients that I thought would go together well instead. In the past, I've made pork chops with applesauce or a bbq pork loin version. Since I didn't really have enough of one thing for those recipes, I combined a few others instead and came up with a real nice fruity, almost fall flavor. An even yummier note, this pork loin tasted fantastic for leftovers the next night in pulled pork burritos.



Ingredients:
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup apple juice
single serving cup of applesauce (about 1/2 cup applesauce)
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup of fried mixed fruit -(I used a cranberry/cherry/blueberry mix I had on hand)
1/2 of a sliced onion
1 chopped apple
1 tsp crushed rosemary
1/2 tsp of a veggie/all-purpose seasoning (usually has some seasonings like parsley, basil, garlic, and paprika in it)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 to 2 lb pork loin roast



Directions:
In a crockpot, mix in apple and orange juices, applesauce, honey, and half of the dried fruit together. Place the pork loin into the mixture. Next, sprinkle seasonings and rest of dried fruit on top of the pork loin. Next. chop apple into pieces and slice onion and arrange on top of pork loin. That's it! Place cover on crock pot and set to low temperature. Forget for about 6-8 hours. Internal temperature of the pork loin roast should be atleast 160 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment