Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monster Cookies




















Yummy note:
This original recipe was one of my family staples, you know, it's one of those recipes that I got in my recipe collection book when I got married. Luckily, I had it in there when the hubby requested "monster" cookies the other night, or else I was planning on devising some oatmeal peanut m&m type of cookie to meet his "monster" needs. :) Really, this is like one of those kitchen sink type of recipes, that you can add whatever you'd like almost to your preference.
Some of the switch-ups I've used, were to use Peanut M&M's or dark chocolate ones instead of regular ole milk chocolate M&M's; change up the peanut butter options- chunky or smooth; instead of the wheat germ, I actually added in rice crispies cereal to give more crunch. One other change I did, was to use an egg substitute instead of the whole eggs. I actually think this change made my cookies more moist than previous versions. Happy creative cookie-making! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 stick margarine- softened
3 eggs - (or 3/4 cup egg substitute)
1/2 cup + 2Tbsp white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal or rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup M&Ms

Add any of the following optional ingredients:
1/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup wheat germ















Directions:

Cream margarine, eggs, both sugars, vanilla, and peanut butter until well blended. Gradually add dry ingredients in order given. Roll into small balls, about the size of walnuts, and roll into granulated sugar. Place cookies on lightly sprayed/greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER-BAKE unless you want a crispy cookie or crunchy cookie.

Note, this makes 4-5 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment